Cinco de Mayo is around the corner! It’s time to bust out the Jose Cuervo and Coronas for Cinco de Drinko. But if you do plan on going tequila-to-the-face, make sure you eat something beforehand. Nobody wants to be THAT kid.
So, while you’re getting ready to head out and celebrate–be sure to make some quesadillas, nachos, “The” Dip, and these Spicy Chicken Enchiladas!
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 cans Old El Paso Enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 can HOT salsa (or mild, if you don’t think you can handle the heat)
- 2-3 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Boil the chicken breasts in about 6 cups of water, until they are fully cooked through. Allow them to cool for about 20 minutes. Shred the chicken with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pot, combine one can of enchilada sauce, the shredded chicken, the chipotle powder, and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well until the cheese is melted and all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Scoop spoonfuls of chicken onto a flour tortilla, add some extra cheese and roll them up.
- In a large baking dish sprinkle down some salsa. Place the enchiladas, seam side down, into the pan.
- Pour the remaining can of enchilada sauce over all your finished, rolled tortillas. Sprinkle on some extra cheese and a touch of chili powder (if you’re daring).
- Bake for about 1 hour.
Not into spicy food? Don’t worry–you can also make these Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas for any Cinco de Mayo fiestas!