There is NOTHING better in the world than chocolate chip cookies. I’m pretty sure on the 7th day, God rested and made chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. hot water
- 3 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, water and salt.
- Mix in flour, one cup at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into small teaspoons and roll into little balls and flatten them with the palm of your hand, creating small discs.
- Bake for 10 minutes on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
What do you do to make the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie? What about adding coconut? How about using shortening instead of butter? Any tips for the next batch?