Homemade sugar cookies. Rolled, cut in fun shapes, baked, and dipped in chocolate. Yes, I’ve created my own slice of heaven.
- 3 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter (softened, at room temperature)
- 1 egg (beaten well)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 bars of Hershey’s milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a standing mixer combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the butter, egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Roll the dough out onto a well-floured countertop to about 1/4-1/3 inch thick. Cut into any shape you desire. I happened to use hearts.
- Cut the cookie shapes out and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (for easy clean up). Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool.
- In the meantime, set up a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Don’t know how? Check out this recipe that explains the double boiling method
- Take your cooled cookies and gently dip them into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to make sure the edges are even.
- Place back onto the parchment paper and let them cool. I prefer to let them sit over night–the chocolate will harden again and voila! Instant dipped cookies.
You can also try this in a combination of flavors and chocolates: