A twist on the classic Chicken Cordon Bleu, this easy stuffed chicken dish can be made for groups or for one–that’s the pleasure. Stuffed with cheese and ham, topped with some olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and maybe a little sweet white-balsamic vinegar and baked in the oven, this dish is light, tasty and delicious.
- 5 chicken cutlets
- 5 pieces of American cheese
- 5 pieces of ham
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- Optional: 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Layer the chicken, cheese and ham. Roll up! Place the chicken in a large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice over the chicken pieces. Top with breadcrumbs and salt/pepper.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes to the dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. If you think the chicken looks a little dry, but still needs time to cook, baste it with the drippings in the pan.
If you like stuffed chicken dishes, but sure to try this one too!