Who doesn’t love a bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwich for breakfast?
Well I look a classic sandwich and made it amazing. Instead of layering all the ingredients–I baked the eggs into the two slices of bread and in the middle, melted the cheese over the bacon. Just when you thought things couldn’t get any better.
The inspiration behind this masterpiece came to be after explaining “eggs-in-a-basket”. A staple in my childhood breakfast. I couldn’t understand how he didn’t know what it was. Have you heard of it before?
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- Butter the slices of bread on each side and cut a hole out of the middle.
- Heat a frying pan and spray it with Pam or butter to keep the bread from sticking. Place the bread in the pan.
- Crack an egg into the middle of the toast. Cook until the whites have turned white, flipping after about 3 minutes. The eggs will be over-easy this way–if you’d like them more solid, scramble the egg or cook for a little longer.
- It should look something like this:
- Layer the first piece of bread with cheese and bacon. Put in under the broiler or in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- Finish the second “egg-in-a-basket”. Layer it on top of the first half and voila! Epic egg sandwich!