Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts–Thanksgiving overwhelmed/overtook/made-me-want-to-punch-a-baby–blah blah blah. Not to mention, I quit my part-time job (#whoops) and I’m looking for another (#fail). Annndd, I’m still looking for a full-time job (#stressful). Oh, and did I mention that I’m studying for the GRE’s to apply to grad school? Yeahhhhh.
Anyway, I hope everyone’s holiday was great. In the meantime, one of my dear friends from college contacted me with a fab recipe he made and we’ve decided to make a collaboration!
Ladies and gentlemen–may I introduce Sous Chef Jack and his Chicken Crock Pot Pie Soup!
When it came time to cook for my girlfriends parents yet again, I decided to use a strategy that had already worked once before…My baked potato soup had been a hit, so why not try a chicken pot pie soup!
This time I decided to delve into the unexplored world of the crock pot.
Crunched for time I did have to use some canned ingredients…cut me some slack here!
- 6 or 7 tender-size boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 a russet potato
- 2 cans (21.5 oz) Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken
- 3/4 can of Goya golden corn
- 8 oz can of Del Monte peas/carrots
- 8 oz can of Del Monte cut green beans
- 4 oz Swanson chicken stock
- Boil and cut chicken to small cubes.
- Cut potato into similar size chunks.
- Into a 2 quart crock pot went the chicken, potato, veggies, chicken stock and two cans of Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken.
- Let cook for 5 hours, stirring about once an hour.
The consistency came out great, soupy enough, but still has enough texture that you could put it on a plate like gravy!
**Stick around for more posting from Jack! He’ll be contributing beer reviews and recipes.