I’m in an unemployment funk.
I’m tired of being back home.
Tired of not having a full time job.
Sad because winter is quickly approaching.
Miserable because I had to go to the dentist this morning.
…the list goes on.
But instead of keeping to my miserable mood, I made something that would make me happy. White cheddar macaroni and cheese with slabs of bacon. Yes, bacon.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 c. white cheddar, shredded
- 4 slices cooked, Applewood Smoked bacon
- 1 lb. shells pasta (I used whole wheat)
- In a large bowl, boil water to cook the pasta in.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and cornstarch together over a medium-low heat until the starch has fully blended in. If the butter starts to bubble, lower the heat.
- Add in the cream.
- Slowly mix in the cheese about 1 c. at a time until fully melted.
- At this point, the water should be boiling. Make sure to cook your pasta al dente and strain well.
- Cut the bacon into strips or crumbled pieces and add to the cheese sauce.
- Add in the pasta.
- Mix well and serve!