Tonight we had a Mexican fiesta from guacamole and chips to mexican rice–but for the main course, I made Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.
Ingredients [makes 8 enchiladas]:
- 2 lbs. chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4-6 c. shredded cheese (I like to blend Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Colby, and Asadero–you can easily buy the pre-made bag)
- 1 jar salsa or red chile sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add in the chicken and cook for about 25 minutes. Strain the chicken out immediately and let cool.
- Shred the chicken by pulling apart the pieces into small strips.
- In a flat tortilla, roll together about a handful of chicken and a handful of cheese.
- In a large baking dish, layer a small amount of salsa or chile sauce. Then put in each tortilla.
- Sprinkle more sauce and even more cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until all the cheese is melted and the remaining sauce is bubbling.
You can also try the tortillas beforehand with a little olive oil in a frying pan for a crispier enchilada. Serve with a side of sour cream and guacamole. Yum!
Check back later for some awesome side dishes!