Sometimes it’s not necessarily about the recipe or the complexity of the meal, but the presentation. So today, when I was a little pressed for time and even lazier and not wanting to prep an actual meal I decided to try something a little creative.
I wasn’t even going to post this meal because it’s not anything special, and I’m sure you’ve all made this before–but how cute does this look!
- 2 slices bread (lately I’m a big fan of the fresh whole wheat artisan bread at Stop & Shop)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Cheese (I used American, but you can go crazy in this department)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. basil (optional)
- Salt/pepper (optional)
- Heat a panini press or in a frying pan.
- Prepare the sandwich by making a simple cheese sandwich and buttering the outsides of the bread.
- Heat some tomato soup (hello, Campbell’s!), add a little cream, some basil, salt, pepper.
- Pour the soup into a martini glass and top it with the grilled cheese. Or slice the grilled cheese into strips on the side and dip away!
Serve it as an appetizer for an adult dinner party with some fancy grilled cheeses and voila, you’ve gone from amateur cook to hostess with the mostest. Or serve it to the kids and let them think they’re going to the Vanity Fair Oscar Post-show party.