It’s Spring Weekends at colleges and universities across the country which means the beers are flowing and the snacks are plentiful.
Inspired by my own May Weekend, my roommate and I made one of our favorite midnight snack foods: “The” Dip. This easy dish is a great go-to for parties or groups.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can Hormel Chili (with no beans)
- Extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- In a 8×8 in. pan, spread the cream cheese in an even layer.
- Next, top the pan with the chili. Sometimes we opt for the turkey chili for a less-fat option (but really, go big or go home). And yes, it will look kinda like dog food–just get over it. It’s worth it.
- Last cover the top with shredded cheese. And don’t be stingy.
- Pop the entire tray into the oven for 20-25 minutes–or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are bubbling.